Monday, September 8, 2008

Orange altered book page


You might remember me mentioning Lisa Vollrath before when I posted the bamboo tile pendants. This orange page is from my altered book I just started a few weeks ago and her theme at Go Make Something is orange this week and since I finally got to be home I made an orange page in my book. Her site is so awesome. She teaches so many techniques about so many things. Check her out when you have time. Well worth it.

I painted the pages yellow with acrylic paint. Then used orange Pastels chalk to shade the edges. I smeared it and blended with my fingers. I used a pink paint to do the bubble wrap paint dots in the corners(that is very fun, try it sometime.) I cut the letters out of a page from a book, chalked them, then glue sticked them on. I outlined the letters with a sharpie marker. The squares in the right upper corner are finger nail polish from a magazine as are the tulips. I sewed some butterfly sequins onto a piece of lace and double sided taped it to the page. I sewed the round sequins on the right page on but had to glue the ones on the left as the page behind it was already done and the orange thread didn't go with my Texas theme, lol. The left corner design is from some paper placemats I bought cheap at the dollar store. And the mesh is the stuff you put on drywall(brain fart and I don't remember what it is called, lol) I am going to spray this page to set it as it has lots of chalks on it. Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love orange and you put it out there so well! I cant remember what the drywall stuff is either...drywall stuff I guess...We still have got to get Arianna and olivia to do a swap...Melinda