Saturday, September 13, 2008

My First Fabric Page for a Swap



Lenna Andrews is having a swap over at http://creativeswaps.blogspot.com . The theme is Forest. We have to make 4 pages that are 6 x 6 inches, and we will recieve 4 from different artists Lenna has great swaps. This is my first page. I have never done a Fabric page swap just because I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I really like the way this one turned out although I forgot to stitch the words on BEFORE beading so had to glue them on , duh to me. The grandboys(3 and 10 months) were here while I was working on it and my brain farted I guess, lol. I was just so happy everything was coming together. I hand stitched under the leaf with some sild embroidery floss? Not sure if you call it that when it is silk? but you really can't see it very well. The dress has glitter painted on it and the beads are stitched on as is the butterfly. I attached each flower different just because I could, lol. The image is from Lisa's altered art. I might have gone over board on the embellishments but I like cluttered. Everything about me is cluttered. Sometimes an organized clutter but still cluttered. When I redid my kitchen and took down my 105 baskets I had hanging on 3 walls(that had windows and doors and a fridge on the wall too) It looked so bare to me. Drove me nuts. I am not a bare wall kind of person. Although when I redid the kitchen and living room last time I went minimal. I am adding things slow but sure but very little. Course that could be because I am too cheap to spend money on the things I want to hang on the walls? Yep it could be. Hee hee. Anyways. I hope someone likes my firstest page. Off to bed. Keeping an eye on Hurricane Ike in TX. Saying many prayers for those poor people down there. Nighters and Hugz, Scary

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

Scary, I don't think you went overboard at all! It looks great and I would not know it was your first fabric quiltie unless you had told me!! : ) lenna

Unknown said...

I love these pages and the words!!!!! Melinda