Monday, September 8, 2008

Books I got this week





I have been looking at altered art books and books on collage and after many questions to my art friends, finally decided on 3. They were waiting patiently for me when we got home this weekend. I got Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth. Awesome book. I would highly recommend this book to beginners. I have only done a couple techniques so far but after I get more supplies I will be trying everything.
I also got Altered Book Workshop by Bev Brazelton. It has different techniques that Beth Cote's and looks like it will be lots of fun.
I also got Traci Bautista's Collage Unleashed. I have a video by her also. I love her collages. SO hopefully will be posting my process of learning to collage and do altered books.
I am also signed up for my first fabric page swap with Lenna Andrews. The subject is forests. She was in one of my first ATC swaps over at ArtChix yahoo group and she has been so kind and inspirational. I love keeping tabs on her swaps but this is the first I have had enough guts to join. I hope I won't disappoint anyone but I think I have had some great mentors on the subject and if the ideas I have fall into place, I think I will do ok.


Forgot to add that we just managed to stay ahead of Hurricane Gutav last week. Got out of New Orleans on Thursday and went into north Louisiana then out of there to Dallas then up to OK. Hit some of the rain in OK when we were leaving there. Very nice to be home where it's much cooler than down south.
Here's some fishing pictures from August. No comments on the goof holding the BIG fish. I don't dress for pictures obviously. Lol. The 2 kids are Arianna(7) and Trevin(3), our 2 grandkids that are our fishing buddies. The picture of the guy with the hat and Trevin, is my brother in law who came fishing with us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are all great books, I cant wait to see what you are inspired to make! The fish pictures are awesome and I am never dressed well when I am fishing either! It's all about the fish! The kids are beautiful! Melinda

carole brungar said...

HEY! Your back! Pleased your home safe. Love the fishing photos, and the orange page! Also love your finishing buddies - lucky you! What type of fish is that your holding?

Carole