Saturday, May 17, 2008

The start of..


ok this is the first crazy quilt that I actually planned out the design and fabrics before beginning. I am almost sure that you should do it this way but I don't, lol. This is post card sized and I will post as I embellish it with my attempt at stitching. I am going to try different kinds. I just found out that a true CQ is stitched along each seam so going to try it. Hopefully that's how you get better right? lol. We'll see.
I am also thinking about joining a book swap in Lostartcreations with Terrie Lightfoot. There are some very talented artists that I admire greatly and am scared that mine wouldn't even be close to theirs and they will be disappointed. I wonder how long a person feels this way? Lol. !0 pages due by August which should be doable but with trucking I hate to commit to projects of that size but would love to have a collaborative book once. I hope someone talks me into it, lol. Anyhow I am going to the bar to watch hubby and daughter play poker and visit for a bit and then go get Arianna and Trevin again if they are still up and let them spend the night again maybe. Didn't make it to the park today because the wind was just too crazy so I owe them a park day tomorrow for sure. Can't renig when you're a Nanna Cheri right? bye

4 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Cheri - oh this is cool! It will look great with embroidery! I tend to use too many prints..... You'll have to make Barbie some rugs for her condo. :) Marva

ScaryCheri said...

lol Marva, Barbie's condo burnt to the ground, no rugs for her. I don't think you use too many prints. I like lots of prints, just don't have enough that coordinate to me. I was going to add some of the purple tie dyed fabric to this one but forgot in the sewing room and thought the blue worked okay. Still not totally comfortable mixing colors although some of the CQ's I see don't seem to have any color scheme at all and work lovely together, so not sure what I am worried about, lol. The stitching does tie everything together I think is how it works. I want to try and round piece on one. Read about how to do it so we will see how far I get on this one, lol. I want to add some of those little mirrors too. I think they add penache. off to bed for real this time, lol. Hugz, Scary

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Cheri - I love to crazy quilt and looking forward to the exchange. I will be posting my flower cards today and then dig into something crazy! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I enjoy your work. The pansey looks great, my favorite flower! Your stitching really brings it all together. Jenna Louise

ScaryCheri said...

oh thanks Jenna. I ripped out some already and restitched it, lol. I really do like stitching when it turns out right, lol. Unfortunately..... oh well. Still trying. Thinking about stitching the word pansy in the yellow checkered triangle but still thinkng. I can hardly wait to see yours. Have to go to the park with the grandkids in a bit so have to machine stitch after that.