Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jog


AHHhhhhhhh. Home again. Got a house full of noise this morning. Trevin and Arianna are here in the kitchen building a fort with chjairs and barstools and blankets and clothes pins, lol. I remember doing that growing up. We are also watching ET, which they had never heard of. Also got a disc set of oldies, with Heidi(with Shirley Temple), jack and the beanstalk(with Abbott and Costello), The Borrowers (with Eddie Albert), and just bunches more. Those are going on after ET. I watched a couple of them last night while Arianna was falling asleep. Ahh the memories. I still remember Heidi from when I was little. I hope Arianna will like it as much as I did. She also brought home tons of papers to play school this summer. I used to love doing that also. She thinks I should get an old school desk for my yard. We used to have some. I will have to check around and find some.

We are having a flower ATC swap over at FabricATCsOnetoOne yahoo group I am in. Got home in time to get at least one done to swap. That's the one posted here. Haven't done much stitching in my life other that cross stitch and plastic canvas but googled crazy quilts and found some really awesome stitch directions. I can only dream of doing the work I see on some of them. Those girls talk of fiber cleasses they have taken. Well ,someday I hope to take some too but for now I am just practicing. It was fun once I got the feather stitch figured out. I really like that one and am working on a post card right now. More room than an ATC so will hopefully finger it out, lol. Working on a couple more flower ATC's and the deadline was extended so might be able to get them done in spite of having the grandkids over.

We have to go visit Hubby's Dad at the nursing home. He likes showing off Baby J to all the old ladies up there. They flock around him when we bring the little kids up. Baby J is 6 months old and a very happy baby. One gal had been eating Cheetos and had to pinch his little cheeks so needless to say by the time we got done visiting with Alice, Baby J had a very orange face, lol. Oh well babies wash up so nicely don't they? lol. Ok off to play with the Little People castle and watch cartoons. Later Arianna wants to make Auntie Sally a birthday card with some of my new embellishments she saw me digging through.

3 comments:

carole brungar said...

Hi ScaryCheri! Pleaed your home safe! Just thought I'd let you know that 2 people haven't contacted me about the ATC give-away on my blog, so I did another draw and your name came out. So I need your address. you can email me at: carole dot brungar at xtra dot co dot nz

ScaryCheri said...

oh no way Carole, how cool is that, I will email you right away. Thank you so very much.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Cheri - oh this is cool! I thought it was Helens! I'll have to go correct my post. So you're the one that inspired me!!!! :) Marva