Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Altered Tins




I made a few altered tins with some Altoids tins my daughter in Oregon found me at a rummage sale. She gave me a paper bag full. What a sweetie. I wish I would have taken a picture of the seashell tin I made for her for her bath room, darn it. Anyhow The domino ornament is stuck in with a glue dot so you can take it out and hang it.
I ran across a picture of an altered tin on the internet and started searching for more. That's how I found altered books, I am working on one , trying different techniques. And that is how I found paper ATC's at artchix and then Sanna from FabricATCsOnetoOne invited me to her yahoo group and I started making fabric ATC's, altered cabinet cards, then fabric postcards. I love that group. It's almost like a family. Anyhow, Kiwicarole altered a beautiful tin and I thought I would share a few of mine.

1 comment:

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Scary - I love the tins! I made one in Chicago at the Quilt Show last month. I also really like the pendants, you do great work! I was just tagged by Marva and I love your blog and wanted to include you in the fun. Please visit my blog:) Thanks for being so kind to me. Cheers, Jenna Louise