Thursday, March 13, 2008

On The Road Again

no art today as I am out on the road in the truck again. We loaded crane parts in North Dakota on Tues. Unloaded in Lincoln, Kansas on Wed. Loaded locomotive wheels, yes for a train, in Lawrence, Kansas, Wed. night and unloaded those this morning in St Paul, Minnesota. Now we are on our way to Dexter, Minnesota to pick up more crane parts going to a wind farm in Midland, Texas. So been putting in some long hours. We stopped and slept for 2 hours while we waited for thm to unload us in Kansas. I got an hour or so cat nap last night while Lance drove then did a 3 hour shift, lol. Hard work huh? We were going to unload in TX on Friday but decided to take it easy and unload Monday and catch up on some sleep. The crane loads paid very good so we can do that.
Back on my table at home is my new postcard made from fabric. I decided to do a polka dot theme in turquoise and lime greens. Using some ribbons I got from one of the gals in our fabric group on yahoo. All but one of the new fabric cards I made are swapped. That made me feel great. The postcard went to Cindy in MN and she even made 3 to give me a choice. She does such neat fabric cards and I picked 2 more from her so have to get my butt busy when I get home. We have quite a few new artists in the fabric group. That's the first group I check when I log in. I have made so many great friends there. So supportive. That's it for now. Hugz

6 comments:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Cheri - we're having a surprise snow this morning in Colorado, but apparently just where I live. We've gotten 5-6" already so I thought I'd give you a heads up cause it's probably moving east. :) Have a safe trip and I love, love, love your header! I'm going to have to make one for my blog! :) Marva

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Cheri - oh you're so sweet! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. You know we can always do a private trade for a fabric page, hint, hint. Travel safely, snowing in Colorado today... I'm still waiting for a blizzard... Marva

Bimbimbie said...

Hello Scarycheri *!* thanks for looking in on me and leaving a comment, I missed seeing it until now - sorry I'm a day late in saying hello back to you. Lots of arty things here for me to come back and look at *!*

artisbliss said...

Thanks for posting on my blog and for the nice words about my inchies.

I read your posts about being nervous about using lots of bright colors and just wanted to comment that I think it is more difficult from an artistic perspective to work with more subdued colors or black and white because then the composition becomes so important. I must say that I think your eye for composition is very good and your pieces that tend to neutral or subdued colors are very well done. Experiment with color, by all means, but don't think you're less artistic because you gravitate toward a quieter palette.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Cheri - Thank you for your nice comment on my quilt! Just started another one this morning. I haven't found any of the same bird material either! Bummer! I'm going to have to draw some birds and make my own.

Kate North said...

Nice to "meet" you, by the way - thanks for stopping by my blog - hope to see you around!