Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Fabric ATC


Just had a new gal join our yahoo fabric group, Mary, and she has the most wonderful cards. She uses lots of beautiful colors and it inspired this one. I am not comfortable mixing colors yet but working on it . I wanted to add some pink to this one but it didn't want it, lol.
This was made using a transparency, a paper image that I coated with gel medium, paper from a book also covered with gel, a vinatge flower I found when going throuigh a box I got from a ebay auction. I almost threw the little basket with flowers out thinking, when in the heck will I ever use that? Glad I didn't now. And a torn up dryer sheet with some orange beads. Was going to add one more but it rooled under the fridge, lol. I am going to trade it if anyone likes it. Off to load some pictures of Dad's birthday party so Mellow can see them. My daughter in OR and I share pictures on Walmart's site so we can also order prints when we want them.

2 comments:

*jean* said...

Oh, These are absolutely stunning, keep up the good work!!!!!!!! An exercise that might help with mixing colors is to make a color sampler. You take one color, paint a square, add a little of another color, paint a square, keep adding a little more, paint another square. Write down the colors you mixed at the beginning. Add white, paint a square. This is time consuming but an awesome resource when you want a color and can't remember how you made it!!!! An advanced color wheel is also a good investment and will show you what colors go with the color you want to mainly use. I appreciate your stopping with your busy schedule!!! Jean - Originally from Bismarck

ScaryCheri said...

Jean, thank you for the nice comment on my cards. and thanks for the
tips. A friend steered me towards a quilting site that is teaching me
about color wheels. It is so much help understanding the way the colors
interact. That color sampler is a great idea. I will try that when I get
home. In Houston right now heading for AL for tomorrow. I am from
Steele, about 40 miles from Bismarck. Out in the sticks, lol. Have a great
day.