Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fabric Card with Lace and Beads


I made this card for a girl in the fabric yahoo group I am in. I hope she likes it as it is my first since Christmas. I have been wanting to use those flowers since I got them but just never could see what they would go with, lol. I decided after this I need to use more colors and not try to worry about matching shades and such. And I also need to get more brown threads, ugh. I ran out half ways through and Bismarck is 40 miles from me so won't be getting any until next time I go to town. The brown I was using was off a wooden spool from Gradma Hins' sewing caddy. The fabric I got from Tootsie. She had a box of Fabric samples she gave me. What a trreat. Thanks again Tootsie. The lace I got from Lost Art Creations (link is on the right side of page), the shell button is from Mom's collection in her tin I ended up with. I remember spending many hours as a child playing with mom's button tin. When I got it, it had to go into a bigger tin as I added my button collection, but I have always loved playing with buttons for some strange reason. Very soothing to the senses?All the textures. When we would go to the 2nd hand stores, Mom would grab any clothes in the free box that had buttons so she had a really neat collection of sizes and shapes. The shell buttons actually have the brown markings of sea shells on the back and unfortunately some are chipped from years of rattling around in the tin but they are still beautiful and delicate.

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

This card is great - love the vintage theme and soft colours. AND I love your spring cards which have a completely different feel too!! All wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

hey mom i love this one it is awesome.