Sunday, March 9, 2008

1st fabric postcard


ok after drooling over Mary's art, (link is on the right to her site), I decided to try some more color and layering. Neither am I good at but that's how you learn right? I made this card and asked for comments from the group. Several said they wouldn't change a thing, which warmed my heart. Those girls are so good for me. They help out in so many ways and support me when I need it. But following Cindy's advice to maybe add some buttons, which I love but never think they look as cool on my art as on other peoples. I added 3 vintage shell buttons . My daughter, Candice, decided a thimble flower pot with scissor petals and a wire stem might add to it. I dyed the lace flower with color mists from OTM(link to the right) . I dug through photos until I found that one from ARTchixstudio(link to the right). I think maybe I should have added some words but didn't. Maybe that's why it didn't seem finished to me? But happy days, Cindy wants to trade for it. And Peggy wants the "Unshakable Girl" card. It always makes me feel so warm and fuzzy any time someone wants to trade for my art.

So now I am going to try adding some turquoise into the orange and yellow tomorrow and possibly some red. Who knows. I bought some scrapbooking paper to try a collage tutorial on painting paper and might actually do it tomorrow. Letting it scare me but as I always say(but not sure I really totally believe) "If the flowers you paint, don't look like everyone elses...that's a good thing." I think if I can manage to skip by that scared it won't look as good as the one I am following the tutorial on, I will be fine.

I also need to make myself 2 fabric itty bitty's to go with the sets we traded in the fabric group. We are still waiting on one gal's and then maybe I want to try a quilt type dispaly like Helen from the UK did for her cards. It's gorgeous and she hangs it on her wall. One of my cards is on hers. What an honor to be hanging on a friends wall. Well my art is that is, lol. Thanks Helen.

Ok off to bed.

1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Love this! This would make a great fabric page for a trade! Hint, hint.. Marva