Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fabric beads


Creative Embellishments: For Paper, Jewelry, Fabric and More by Sherrill Kahn

I made some fabric beads from Sherrill Kahn's book. They were a blast to make. I used plastic drinking straws, Fabri-Tac glue, fabric, various fibers and beads. I beaded right through the straw.

I did try to match the color of the straw to the fabric as close as I could in case you could see some of it after I cut them apart. My daughter came over the day I was making them and we had a blast wrapping fibers. I just got some new fibers from Terrie at Lost Art Creations so might have to make some more if we don't leave in the truck this week.

On a sad note. I went to Harold Heinze's(87) funeral today. He and his wife, Tootsie are sisiter and brother in law to my dear friend Mayvis who passed 2 years ago. I made my first baked beans today using Tootsie's recipe and took them for the dinner after the funeral and I should have asked Tootsie if she was bringing some too, darn it. Oh well 3 pots of beans and they were almost all gone so maybe it wasn't too much? Lol. Plus I got to bring some home for Lance(Hubby), Paul and Dale(2 friends) for lunch. Harold, we will miss you.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

These beads are yummy looking!! Look like a great way to use up little odds and ends of fancy fibres :)