Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dyed batting




Now this way fun. In our art techniques group the challenge this month is to paint or dye batting. I used some wool type I think, lol. I got it at the consignment shop and all I know is that is isn't polyester type. I used some liquid water colors I got from Dick Blick's for a Traci Batista video(that I still haven't tried). I love how the colors turned out and am going to play with some stamps and maybe some white gesso. I do highly recommend rubber gloves while doing this as I didn't with the first piece and turquois is very hard to scrub out from around your fingernails, lol. I hung them with clothes pins to dry and love how the clothes pin sucked the color out. I think it adds to the overall look. On the pink I was going to see if the lid from the blue would make a stamp image but the batting was still too wet and it didn't work the way I wanted it to but is still kind of cool. Next time I will leave the turquoise in longer. I am going to add them to post cards for a swap in opur fabric group on yahoo.

No comments: