Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Altered page


working on a new book because I misplaced the older one, lol. This technique is from Bev Braselton's book, Altered Books Workshop. I tea stained the pages, then sprinkled instant coffee on and let it dry. I thought it was very fun. I used various stamps, Distressed ink pads from Tim Holtz line, black card stock behind the main tags on left page, thebutterfly bit was done on a piece of manilla folder and then torn out. I need to decide what ribbons to put in the tag holes yet but was kind of impressed it turned out as good as it did for my first one, lol.

4 comments:

carole brungar said...

WOW! Scary I really love these pages!! They are perfect! Can't wait to see what you do next! I've got 4 pages left to finish in mine, but I've come to a halt..... Have a great weekend!
Carole

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Very nice Scary! I love the tea dying and coffee idea. Take care! Jenna Louise

ScaryCheri said...

thank you Carole and Jenna. Been having some issues with a virus on my computer and just finally am getting back online. Darn thing even got my connection to the net blocked, disabled my antivirus and put all kinds of nasties everywhere on the puter. Had to dlete most programs and am reinstalling as I can. Sad to say not getting much art done despite that though. Spending lots of time with the NoISY one as we call Trevin, the 3 year old grandboy who lives next door but thinks this is his house, lol. Will try and get back on later if we don't find a load tomorrow. Hugz, Scary

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Hey lucky girl! Check out my blog and send me your mailing address :).
xoxo,
Kristin