Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Internet friends




How many of you have internet friends you have never met in person? I have quite a few. Some from when I played games at gamehouse, some from when I made name tags for emails, and new ones from art groups I have been in or blogs I have visited. Today one of those new friends blew me away. Fannie sent me the most beautiful, thoughtful gift. If I would have been wearing socks, it would have knocked em right off my huge feet, lol. The cover is done using some of her fabric paper I think. She has been talking a class on it I believe. You can't see it in the scan but there are tiny bits of petals or leaves maybe embedded in the paper. The stamping on the cover is embossed with something to give it a smooth very cool texture. And there is gold tinting when you turn it in the light. The embossed pansy note card is just too much. The pansies and the edging stick right up from the page. I would love to have paper to write on like that. The inside is stunning purple rose fabric. See her gorgeous moo card with the heart? I love that. Her name and info is on the back. Moo cards seem to be popping up everywhere I look lately. Another thing I have to check out. The page with my name on it is again embossed with that cool textury stuff. I have to find out what that is. I have only tried embossing with a heat gun once and it didn't turn out anything like that. Inside the pages are lightly tinted a kind of purple. Fanny... I absolutely adore this journal. I vow to use it for something wonderful. You are such a dear friend. Thank you so very much. Now I know why you wanted my address, lol. Hugz, Scary with or without the Cheri, lol

8 comments:

carole brungar said...

WOW! I think you are totally spoilt! What a lovely gift! What a lovely thing for Fannie to do, she is certainly a special friend!
:) Carole

ScaryCheri said...

I am totally spoilt aren't I, lol. And I tell you, I am loving every second of it. Say my house is a wreck after having the grandkids and hubby around and I have misplaced your address. Could you share it with me? Thanks Carole. Have a wonderful day. Hugz, Scary

Fannie said...

Hi, Scary. The hibiscus images were stenciled using pigment inks (slow-drying inks), clear embossing powder was added, and a heat gun was used to heat set it.

The gold shimmer is from the metallic paint I used to color the fabric paper.

Anything you think about is special--go ahead and make that first mark in the journal. You can do it. ;-D

I see another special friend visits you. Carole is a loyal and generous friend. She does her own share of spoiling her friends too . . . I'm grateful for that.

Enjoy, Scary or Cheri or Scary Cheri!

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful gift for an equally thoughtful woman.

Thanks for leaving the sweet comment on my blog!

xoxo
jul

Unknown said...

I was admiring that journal on her site!!!haha...melinda

JennaLouiseCreates said...

Fannie is so thoughtful! I just got the most wonderful ATC card from her! Your site is so wonderful, Love it! Jenna Louise

ScaryCheri said...

Thank you Fannie for sharing how you did that cover. I obviously need to check out embossing powders more. What a fabulous texture it adds. I have been planning what top do with my journal this whole trip out. Just got home so now I can start on it. I've always wanted to journal something and you have given me my boost to do it. Thanks again sweetie.
Jenna, how lucky for you to get a card from such a talented lady. I just got home so will be over to your blog soon to see what you have been up to. I had computer issues while on the road this time so I have missed everybody so bad. That's what I usually do while hubby is driving down the road. Go check out everyone's blogs. This trip I just looked at gardens around the country and watched flooding across the states. Big hugz to everyone.

Fannie said...

Welcome Home, Scary. Nice to have you back. Missed you.